Sunday, March 30, 2008

Crockpot French Dip Sandwhich

This is the one receipe that makes me feel like I make good food. That fact that I'm sharing this says how much I love you.

3-4 lb Rump roast
1 pkg Au jus gravy mix (dry)
1 pkg Italian Dressing mix (dry)
1 (10.5 oz) can beef broth
1 1/2 cups water
Green Pepper, sliced thin (optional)
Onion, sliced thin (optional)
Hoagie Buns
Swiss Cheese (optional)

Place roast in crock-pot. Mix gravy mix, dressing mix, beef broth and water and pour over meat. Cook on low for 8-10 hours. Remove roast and if adding peppers and onions put those in the crockpot and turn on High until peppers just start to get limp. Remove veggies and set aside. Reserve juice for serving. Slice meat thinly or pull apart. Pile meat on buns with optional veggies and cover with cheese. Wrap in foil. Heat in 350 oven for 10 min. Serve on plate with cup of juice for dipping. Tim likes a pickle with these sandwhich. Gotta be Valsick pickles!

Tip - I just put the veggies on top of the roast for last 30 min on high. That way I can take everything out together and the meat is hot enough that it melts the cheese and I can skip putting them in the oven which seems like a big pain in the rear to me.

Your husbands will thank me!

1 comment:

Jen said...

My husband does thank you, Jess! What a yummy recipe. I decided to make it for lunch, so I cooked it on high for 4 hours and it still turned out SO yummy!