Wednesday, September 16, 2009

BEST Corn Bread Ever

I am on a posting roll today! My sweet friend, Aania, threw a birthday party for her little guy and had the yummiest spread of food there...so of course, I asked her for the recipes and she was wonderful enough to share them!

So, on behalf of Aania, I give you.....the BEST cornbread I have ever eaten (if you happen to be in my ward and are coming to the chili cookoff this weekend, feel free to use this recipe for cornbread to bring along as a potluck dish! wink, wink!)

1 1/2 cup flour
2/3 cup sugar
1/2 cup corn Meal
1 Tbsp. baking Powder
1/2 tsp. salt

1 1/4 cup milk
2 eggs, beaten
1/3 cup oil
3 Tbsp. butter, melted

honey
butter

Combine flour, sugar, corn meal, baking powder and salt in a large bowl. In a separate bowl, beat together milk, eggs, oil, and butter. Add the wet ingredients to the dry and mix well.

Pour into a WELL greased glass pan (not floured) and bake at 350' for about 35 minutes.

Remove from the oven, poke holes in cornbread with toothpick and pour melted butter and warm honey over the cornbread. Use as much melted butter and honey as you would like (because that is what makes it so yummy!)!

No comments: