Sunday, November 16, 2008

A Call for Thanksgiving Recipes

Well, the month of good food and stuffing your face is upon us and so I bet we are all (or at least we will be) spending a little bit more time in the kitchen than usual. If you are like me, you haven't gotten to the "prepare the whole Thanksgiving meal" stage of your life because you still go to Thanksgiving with your extended family, but I bet you all have great Thanksgiving tradition recipes that you make for your family during the month of December and I am guessing that some of you do cook the whole feast! Even though we have 2 Thanksgiving dinners we attend and stuff ourselves at on Turkey day, I prepare a full Thanksgiving meal for my Dad and brothers the week of Thanksgiving. This year, I am feeling ambitious and think I want to try some new recipes for my Thanksgiving feast, so I am seeking your help!

SOOOO...This is a call for your favorite Thanksgiving recipes! Seth has always done the Turkey around here, but this year, I think I am doing it on my own, so Turkey tips, recipes, seasonings, etc. are WELCOME! Share as many recipes as you want or just add your favorite. I hope that everyone is excited to share and that this will be helpful for all! Happy Turkey month!

2 comments:

nickle said...

For the best turkey, cook it upside down. That is right, breast down. The juicy back meat will keep the breast very tender and juicy. Also put a meat thermo. in the thigh. Sorry not willing to part with my "everything but the kitchen sink stuffing." Maybe next year.

Anonymous said...

For extra juciy meat, soak your turkey in 3 gallons of water and 2 cups of salt for a few hours. Rinse off before cooking--the salt and water will absorb into the meat and help maintain lots of juice!