Sunday, November 21, 2010

Whole Baked Sweet Potatoes

We have baked Sweet Potatoes at our house about once a week or so and I usually wrap them like a baked potato in tin foil, but for our Thanksgiving feast I thought I would actually look up a recipe and figure out how you are supposed to do it. ;) I found one (which I can't find now to reference) that was perfect.

Wash your whole sweet potatoes (or yams...whichever you buy). Place on a rimmed cookie sheet and brush vegetable oil over each one. Bake uncovered for about 45 minutes at 450 degrees or until a fork goes in easily.

I found that this method carmelized the outside a little better than the tin foil method and was much faster as well.

1 comment:

Hillary said...

This sounds so good! I have been obsessed with sweet potatoes and carrots lately. I usually chop them and roast them all together, but this sounds so yummy! Thanks for the new idea(s).