Sunday, November 21, 2010

Crock Pot Glazed Carrots

Last week I made a full Thanksgiving dinner for the kids and the hubby (well, the hubby did a lot of the work, so I should say we made Thanksgiving dinner for the kids) since we don't have to cook it for anyone else this year. I usually do roasted carrots in the oven, but this year, I thought it would be great to simplify and try a crock pot recipe. I found this one in the "Mormon Pantry Slow Cooker Cookbook" and it turned out yummy.

2 lbs. baby carrots (I actually had purchased the regular long carrots already thinking I was doing my other recipe, so I sliced them and used those and they were great)
1 cup water
1/4 cup honey
1/2 cup orange juice
3 Tbsp. butter
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp ginger
1/2 tsp. salt

Combine in a slow cooker; cook high 4-5 hours or low 8-10 hours until carrots are tender. Stir before serving. I loved that I didn't even have to mix the ingredients around in the slow cooker before turning it on and by the end everything was beautifully melted together and made my house smell yummy all day!

No comments: