Sunday, November 22, 2009

Knox Blox

I wanted to so something fun for my niece and nephews to go with dinner, and I just loved these as a kid.  They're just like Jell-o Jigglers, but firmer.  You can either cut them into squares, or use seasonal cookie cutters to make fun shapes (tonight I used a pumpkin, turkey, Christmas tree, and candy cane because it's all I could find).

This makes 1 9x13 pan:

2 large boxes Jell-o (I always buy sugar-free, but I'm sure it would work with regular)
2 2/3 cups boiling water

 --Dissolve Jell-o in boiling water in a large bowl

3 pkgs. Knox unflavored gelatin
2 1/2 cups warm water

 --Dissolve Knox in warm water in a separate bowl

Once everything is dissolved, combine contents of bowls, then pour into glass pan.  Refrigerate 4 hours or until firm.

No comments: