Thursday, November 12, 2009

Fabulous Minestrone

One day, I wanted some Olive Garden Minestrone soup...but I couldn't actually go to the Olve Garden, and I didn't want to follow a complicated recipe, and I hadn't been to the grocery store in a while, so this is what I came up with. And it is pretty darn amazing. (Amounts are approximate)

1 italian sausage, with it's grease (I like Collosimos)
2 cans stewed tomatoes
4 cups chicken broth
veggies - I used a frozen medley - something with green beans and carrots, but you could really use any veggies here
3-4 leaves fresh Basil, chopped
1/2 onion, chopped
1-2 Tbsp. italian seasoning
1 can red beans, rinsed and drained
1/2 package of small shell noodles (cooked)

Cook sausage in a frying pan, saute onion with it for a few minutes. Combine all ingredients, except shell noodles in a large stock pot. Simmer until hot. While simmering, cook 1/2 package of shell noodles according to package directions. Just before serving, add noodles to soup. Serve hot topped with freshly grated parmesan cheese.

1 comment:

Hillary said...

I love minestrone soup! I'm going to have to try this! Even though it's nothing like Olive Garden's, I love buying Bear Creek Country Kitchen's mix at the grocery store. So yummy.