Friday, May 29, 2009

Mrs. Field's Chocolate Chip Cookies

This is my go-to chocolate chip cookie recipe from my mom. Recently I decided that I was sick of spending the $$ on the break and bake cookie dough from the grocery store and thought I would try freezing my own cookie dough. It was perfect! I made this recipe (which makes SOOO many cookies) and baked 2 dozen for the family to enjoy and then froze the rest of the dough. When I made the next batch from the frozen dough they worked great too. I think I am going to try putting the dough in the flexible ice cube trays from Ikea next time I do it so they are ready to go directly onto the cookie sheet! I LOVE flexible ice cube trays from IKEA!

1 lb. butter (no one said these were healthy...only that they were yummy!)
2 cups brown sugar
1 1/2 cups white sugar
3 eggs
2 tsp. vanilla
6 cups flour
1 1/2 tsp. salt
1 1/2 tsp. baking soda
3 cups chocolate chips
3 cups nuts (optional)

*you could also substitute raisins and oatmeal for chips and nuts

Bake at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes.

Ha Ha...that is truly what my Mom's recipe card says...she isn't one for detailed directions! I am though...so here is my instruction.

Cream butter and sugars. Add eggs and vanilla. Mix well. Add salt and baking soda and half of flour. Mix well. Add remaining flour. When combined stir in chips and nuts.

Roll into balls and place on greased cookie sheet. Bake at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes. remove from oven when still slightly doughy in the center. Let stand on cookie sheet for about 30 seconds and move cookies onto a paper towel until cooled. This is my secret to soft, but fully cooked cookies. You maky have to experiment a bit to get it perfect, but when you do it will be well worth it! :)

No comments: