Friday, May 29, 2009

Green Chili Quiche - Super Duper Easy

Another delightful dish found while perusing blogs. I made this for Brynn's blessing and it was such a hit that I had to send out many emails with the recipe. I thought I had already posted it, but apparently not, so sorry for holding out on you!

Also, you can make the mixture in advance and freeze it so all you have to do is defrost and bake. It makes 10-12 servings, so I usually half the recipe when I am making it for my little family for breakfast.

10 eggs
1/2 cup flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1 pint small curd cottage cheese
1 lb. monterey jack cheese (other kinds of cheese can be substituted as well)
1/2 cup melted butter
1 small can diced green chilies

Blend eggs, flour, baking soda and salt. Mix well. Stir in remaining ingredients. Bake in a 9x13 pan for 35-45 minutes at 350 degrees. Serve with sour cream and salsa or by itself. I like to serve it alone...just because I am boring that way. I have added bacon (fresh or the refrigerated bacon bits from costco) and it is really yummy. You could try lots of variations and I bet they would be good: spinach, sausage, etc. If you try something delicious let me know!

No comments: