Thursday, April 16, 2009

Browned Butter and Parmesan Pasta

The other night I needed a quick and easy solution for dinner, but didn't want any of my normal "go-to" quick meals. So, I looked in my fridge and cupboards and came up with this delicious dish, taking a cue from one of my favorite dishes at Spaghetti Factory - Spaghetti with Browned Butter and Mazithra Cheese. Hope you enjoy!

2-3 Tbsp. butter
1 package pasta (I used Gemelli, but you could use anything), cooked according to package directions
1 1/2 - 2 cups shredded parmesan cheese (Mazithra would be much better if you can find it)
1-2 cups broccoli
Salt and Pepper to taste

Melt butter in a small frying pan and cook until it turns brown. Mix pasta, cheese and broccoli together in a large serving bowl. Pour browned butter over the top and stir until combined. Salt and pepper to taste. Serve hot.

This is a very versatile recipe. Change up the pasta or veggie with what you have on hand. Would be great topped with grilled chicken.

3 comments:

Hillary said...

This is so yummy! It's kind of similar to the recipe I posted a while back, but it includes lots of garlic. But I bet either would be tasty with asparagus or even zucchini.

Erin said...

This is just like "Noodles and Co. " buttered noodles. They also put a dash of Basil on top- sooo yummy!

Anonymous said...

I didn't know people were still posting on here! I need to get on this again. Thanks everyone!