Monday, February 11, 2008

My Must Have's

Okay, so I know I am fairly new to this cooking thing, but there are a couple of things in my kitchen that I couldn't live without.

1. My Crock Pot - wonderful meals and yummy smells with less than 15 minutes of active "cooking" and preparation

2. My Zojorushi rice cooker - Now, not only your main course and veggies can cook all day, but you rice can be set to be ready at the same time. Or, you can use the quick cook setting and have rice ready and staying warm without a mess all over your stove while you cook the rest of the meal. Wonderful! I use this at least 3 times a week!

3. My Magic Bullet - Okay, I could live without it, but chopping, mixing and pureeing would be much more difficult. I love using it to blend bananas for banana bread and to mix spices to season meat.

4. My dishwasher - I don't know how my mom survived, but we did not have a dishwasher growing up. They finally got one the year I moved out. If I did not have a dishwasher - I would really dislike cooking! I know this isn't something you can just go out and pick up if you don't already have one, but I can't list my kitchen favorites without including the dishwasher!

I have added a Kitchen Tools tag so you can do posts like this in the future if there is something we may all benefit from knowing about.

What kitchen tools can't you live without?

No comments: