Monday, September 23, 2013

Crock Pot Lemon Chicken

I found this recipe on pintrest and my family loved it so it is now a staple dinner in our home. This is another recipe that is easy to throw together because I usually have all the ingredients on hand.

1 stick of butter (or you can use as less as desired)
1-2 lbs. chicken breasts or tenders

1/3 cup lemon juice
1 cup chicken broth
1 packet of dry italian dressing mix

Place the stick of butter in the bottom of the crock pot and melt. Add chicken, lemon juice and chicken broth. Sprinkle packet of italian dressing mix over the chicken. Cook on low 6-8 hours.

Shred chicken and serve over rice or egg noodles. (I use my kitchen aid to shred chicken. Just put the cooked chicken into the bowl of your kitchen aid and use the beater attachment to mix on low for 30-60 seconds until chicken is shredded, then add back into the juices in the crock pot).

No comments: