Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Recipe Requests

I need help! My husband's family has started a new tradition where we get together on Fast Sunday each month to have a family party and celebrate all the birthdays in that month.  I'm in charge of March, and I want to do a fun St. Patrick's Day theme.  At first I thought we could do traditional Irish food, but I'm thinking with tons of picky kids that might not go over so well.  So instead I'm just going to do my best to make everything green.

Here are the ideas I have so far:
Chicken kabobs skewered with green pepper and onion
Pesto sauce and/or chimichurri sauce (both really green) for either a marinade or to serve alongside kabobs
Green salad
Broccoli pasta salad made with spinach tortellini instead of plain pasta
Rolls made with dough dyed green with food coloring
Lime jello
Grasshopper pie

I'm thinking it might be fun to make some sort of punch or slush with lime sherbet so it would be green.  Any ideas or recipes for that, or any other suggestions?

1 comment:

Jen said...

That all sounds fabulous! How fun! I don't know of a lime sherbet recipe, but I bet if you did a lemonade+sprite punch with green food coloring and float the lime sherbet in it. Yummy! A couple of places you may look...familyfun.com, one pretty thing (look for their St. Patrick's Roundups), our best bites. You will have to share what you end up doing!