Sunday, October 4, 2009

Neiman-Marcus Cookies

I got this recipe from a chain email that was going around forever ago and had never tried it, but this week I was feeling a little adventurous and wanting something sweet so I decided to give it a go. New favorite go-to-chocolate-chip-cookie-recipe. So, so good! It makes a gazillion cookies (ok, I exaggerate, but it does make 112), so I made a 1/4 batch and it was perfect!

5 cups oatmeal
2 cups butter
2 cups brown sugar
2 cups sugar
4 eggs
2 tsp. vanilla
4 cups flour
2 tsp. baking soda
2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp salt
24 oz. chocolate chips
1 (8 oz) Hershey's bar, grated (I don't like hershey's so I used an IKEA chocolate bar)
3 cups chopped nuts

Measure oatmeal and blend in a blender to a fine powder. Cream the butter, sugar and brown sugar. Add eggs and vanilla and mix together. Add flour, oatmeal, salt, baking powder and baking soda. Stir in chocolate chips, Hershey's bar and nuts. Roll into balls and place 2 inches apart on a cookie sheet. Bake for 7 minutes at 375 degrees.

1 comment:

Erin said...

I have used this recipe for years and LOVE it! Sometimes I add 1/2 C. peanut butter for some of the regular butter and it is awesome!