Friday, June 26, 2009

15 minute Pizza Dough

I found this delightful recipe on littlebirdiesecrets.blogspot.com and it is wonderful. It is so fast and with the help of a stand mixer requires almost no effort on your part! Now that is my kind of cooking! And, as an added bonus, you can feel like a gourmet chef by getting creative with your toppings. There are some wonderful suggestions from the post where I found this and I will share some of my favorite pizza toppings below.

2 1/2 cups flour
1 Tbsp. sugar
1 tsp. salt
1 Tbsp rapid Rise or breadmaker yeast
1 cup hot water (120-130 degrees on a candy thermometer - mine was this hot out of the tap)
2 Tbsp. olive oil

Preheat oven to 500 degrees. Mix dry ingredients (including yeast) together. Add water and oil. Mix for 5 minutes. Let sit for 10 minutes. - I wanted to get the authentic pizza bottom texture, so I sprayed my cookie sheet with PAM and covered it with cornmeal) Press dough on pizza pan (or cookie sheet or jelly-roll pan). Bake at 500 degrees for 3 minutes. Remove from oven and add toppings. Return to oven and bake an additional 8-10 minutes.

Chicken Artichoke Pesto Pizza

Pesto Sauce
Mozzarella Cheese
Grilled chicken sliced
Mushrooms
Artichoke hearts
Olives
Sun Dried Tomatoes

Quick and Easy BBQ Pizza

BBQ Sauce (we love Sweet Baby Rays)
Mozzarella Cheese
Carmelized Red Onions (directions below)
Canadian Bacon Slices
Bacon Crumbles

To carmelize onions saute 1/2 - 1 thinly sliced red onion in 2 Tbsp olive oil and 2 tsp. sugar until limp and slightly browned.

If you have other yummy gourmet pizza toppings, post them in the comments!

1 comment:

Erin said...

I didn't believe this pizza dough could really be good and be fast at the same time, but it is delicious! I didn't even have the rapid rise yeast, and it still tasted wonderful!