Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Baked Broccoli a.k.a. Pinterest is Awesome

I love pinterest for finding recipe inspiration! I have been trying out tons of new recipes from there and I must say that there is a LOT of good stuff, but it is still nice to know that the recipe comes on the recommendation of a friend and not just a chain of pinners that just thought the picture looked yummy. ;) So, I am back to the blog sharing some of my favorites!

Baked Broccoli is our newest favorite veggie because it is easy and delicious! Here is how you make it:

1. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
2. Chop some broccoli into bite-sized pieces and put them in a large ziploc bag.
3. Add a splash or 2 of olive oil (2-5 Tbsp.) and 2-4 cloves of chopped garlic (fresh garlic is key here...don't use minced garlic from a jar)
4. Sprinkle some salt and pepper in there too and squish the broccoli around to coat it with oil.
5. Dump the broccoli onto a foil-lined rimmed cookie sheet and bake for 20-25 minutes.
6. When it comes out of the oven, top with grated lemon zest, fresh lemon juice, and grated parmesan cheese.
7. Toss, serve, enjoy!


2 comments:

Hillary said...

This is just like a Barefoot Contessa recipe I've been loving lately. I made it as a Thanksgiving side and everyone went nuts! Her recipe also calls for chopped basil and pine nuts in the end, but I've left them out when I didn't have them and it was still delicious.

♥B said...

I love baked broccoli!!

♥B
With Love From Michigan